I see it all the time in my job that people, although willing to work hard, often neglect simple rules when it comes to losing weight, and more importantly, fat loss. Having recently qualified in the precision nutrition certification i have gained a vast amount of knowledge that leads to results via nutritional implementation.
It is vastly dependant on your level of nutritional status at the present time, however, most people in reality can make positive changes with a small amount of planning and some careful consideration. Below are the ‘5 habits’ as proposed in the precision nutrition program which i know through experience work really well, that if implemented can start that fat loss shift that your current plan might be stopping you from achieving.
1) Make sure you take 15-20 mins to eat each meal and stop eating when you’re 80% full. This ensures you’re responding to your hunger cues and not simply eating too fast that you don’t have time to respond to them.
2) Eat protein with every meal. Males should get 2 palm sized portions and women should get 1 palm sized portion at each meal.
3) Eat your veggies! make sure you’re eating a few portions each meal with a fist as a guide for 1 portion.
4) Leave starchy carbs until you earn them! only eat starchy carbs (pasta, rice, potatoes etc) post-workout as you’re less likely to store them as fat then. this is extremely important when concerned with fat loss.
5) Get in your fats! make sure you’re getting fats from a variety of sources including eggs, meat, fish, olives, nuts and seeds.
These rules are like gold dust and if you apply them to each of your meals you’ll be more than likely be looking at fat loss in no time at all. It relies on planning at least a day ahead to make sure you’re applying the rules to the following days lunch etc but with that little trade off I’m confident you’ll see the difference.
give it a go and let me know how you get on!